Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Liar Liar, rap style?

Hello, music lovers! Many people consider "Liar Liar" by The Castaways to be one of the Best 1960s Garage Rock songs ever recorded. I've always loved the song and I was very happy to find a video of the song on YouTube. It's a clip from the movie "It's a Bikini World".

A few days ago, I watched a video on YouTube from somebody in the Netherlands. It consisted of a slideshow of pictures with three different snippets of songs as the soundtrack. The second song was a rap/hip-hop tune and I immediately recognized that they were sampling "Liar Liar." I searched the net to find what this could be. I found out on The Castaways Wikipedia page. Apparently,
A Dutch rap group called "the Opposites" sampled "Liar, Liar" in their 2007 hit single "Dom, Lomp & Famous".
I went back to YouTube and found a video of this song. I'm not a big rap fan but I do like some rap songs. This one is pretty cool! The lyrics are in Dutch but I'm pretty sure they are misogynistic and twisted, so please ignore the foul language and groove to the beat!

The Castaways - Liar,Liar


The Opposites feat. Dio & WiWa - Dom, Lomp & Famous

Made by: antonvalk
Rating: 4.79
Views: 276902
Comments: 679
Category: Entertainment

Watch more great videos at YouTubeStars!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 11/07/2007 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liar Liar is a great song. That rap version sounds cool but those lyrics would only appeal to junior high kids and other immature types. From watching the video, it does look like they are making fun of themselves, so maybe it's all kind of a joke.

 
At 1/28/2010 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I totally agree with you on that.

There's way too many fools out there that can't just get it.

In fact, I was arguing with my best friend kate yesterday about this, and
they wouldn't agree with me that he was wrong. Now I can just show them this blog :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home