Monday, March 07, 2011

The Cons - "You'll Be My Baby"

Garage Rockers! Here's a video I just found on YouTube. This song is our kind of music!!! They use Vox equipment and 60s harmonies to create this groovy tune and excellent video. If you like The Dandy Warhols, Brian Jonestown Massacre and similar indie bands then you will love this band and this particular song!

I don't know anything about the group and a quick Google search found nothing except they may be from San Francisco. This song came out in 2007 so who knows if they are even around. All we have is this video and this page on OurStage:
http://www.ourstage.com/tracks/XEENYPVZUVPW-youll-be-my-baby which says, "The latest single from The Cons is a harmony-laden foray into arrogance, love, and rock n' roll. Uploaded: November 28, 2007"

And who is the girl in the video? Dark hair, dark eyes, beautiful woman! Who could she be? #WhosThatGirl If you know, comment below.



Watch this very groovy video and if you know anything about The Cons or the girl in the video, let me know!!!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 3/12/2011 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude I think thats one of the Kardashian sisters :D

 
At 3/12/2011 4:57 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Ha! Slight resemblance to the Kardashians but I doubt it. Then again the video is 4 years old. But its probably a local San Francisco model, I think that's where The Cons are from. I still wanna know #WhosThatGirl

 
At 3/13/2011 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah its not Kim Kardashian that is Natalie Portman.

 
At 3/13/2011 3:29 AM, Blogger Bill said...

What? LoL! No, that's NOT Natalie Portman. They look a tiny bit alike in some pics, but the mole's int he wrong place! #WhosThatGirl
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xj8xEgTapUg/R3FGec-S48E/AAAAAAAAUFk/IgDA94EFjNY/NataliePortman.jpg

 
At 3/14/2011 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not saying it IS Victoria's Secret model Alessandra Ambrosio but it might be a Brazilian model like her. My opinion, just sayin'

 
At 4/20/2011 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all,

I'm pals with some of the dudes in this band. I don't know the girl's name, but she was from L.A. I can ask those guys if they remember. The songwriters in this band are playing in this group now:

www.ilivethesportinglife.com

www.facebook.com/sportinglifewins

 
At 4/20/2011 3:20 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Thanks for that info! Listening to Sporting Life right now, they're pretty cool! Where are the Cons / Sporting Life from? I thought they were from the San Fran area, or is it LA? Looks like they licensed "You'll Be My Baby" to the Soulstice movie sound track ( http://www.whosluna.com/#!__soundtrack ). I might be interested in licensing it for a comp on our label, help me get in touch with someone from The Cons if you can, thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home